Sunday, February 18, 2007

Bootees and burp cloths


Dainty Bootees
Pattern: Knitting for Two, Erika Knight
Yarn: Debbie Bliss, wool/cotton, light pink
Needle: Size 5
Notes: I knit these two pairs in a Sunday (they took about 4 1/2 hours a pair), they are both gifts for co-workers of my dh.



Burp Cloths
Pattern: My own, but it is based on some adorable burp clothes that I saw at a cute shop that sold all sorts of wonderfully cute baby things.
Material: white terry cloth and cotton striped print
Notes: I made these about 8"x12", a size that I thought would be a perfect size to get the job done. They were quick to make up and cost me about $1 each in materials. The shop that was selling them had $16 each on theirs.




3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Those booties are adorable - I was looking for a pattern to make up for a co-worker.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Shelly
Where are you? I check on you often. Hope all is well. I am sewing a bag for my swap partner and thought of you.
Ann in vermont

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I love the booties! I have this book and I have trying to do this pattern but I am stuck. I have two pieces knitted but I am not sure what to "pick up and knit" as the pattern states. Can you hekp me out? I sure would appreciate it! :)

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home