Thursday, January 25, 2007

Shifting Sands



Here's more of my catching up. This was my favorite item I made for Christmas. Once I got the pattern down it was such a pleasure to knit and it really was beautiful to watch it grow in length. It was the perfect blend of beautiful yarn, great needles to knit it on, and a pattern that was easy to memorize, but not boring.


Dad’s scarf-

Pattern-Shifting Sands- Grumperina-

Yarn- Zarina-merino extrafine- in a steel grey color

Needle-Size 5 Bryspun Needles

Thoughts: I loved this pattern. I'd knit it up again in a second. If you have given half a thought to wanting to knit this I'd encourage you to take the plunge. It looks spectacular knit up, maybe even too spectacular because it hardly looks like it was hand knit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Hi Shelly
Beautiful scarf. Check out my blog for a good laugh!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, and I love the colour! Looks rich and soft.

10:51 AM  
Blogger eriven said...

I started knitting Shifting Sands in Zarina and though it too hard and frogged after a few inches, but seeing yours I'm inspired to try again. Thanks!

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home