Thursday, October 05, 2006

Embossed Leaves Socks


On vacation in Vermont, my husband made a turn off of the way we were going and the next thing I knew we were here. I ended up with a Winter 2005 issue of IK and fell in love with the Embossed Leaves Socks. These were such a pleasure to knit up, and they are definitely my best pair of socks so far.

Embossed Leaves Socks
Pattern: designed by Mona Schmidt, Winter 2005 issue of IK
Dates: Began 9/23/06-Finished 9/30/06
Yarn: Louet Gems Merino-color Shamrock, 2 skeins
Needles: I started off wanting to try knitting with one long circular, on a 0 Addi turbo, but it was really slow going for me with constantly moving the stitches around, so I switched back to what I'm used too, Brittany 5" DPN size 1.
Details: Although the knitting with one long circular wasn't my thing, I did learn how to use the 1x1 rib cast-on which left a very neat edge to the top of the sock. However, I did notice that it is less stretchy than my usual long tail cast-on. I also worked on knitting tighter on my needles to make guage. It was hard on my hands in the beginning, but it got better as I got further along. After making a few pair of socks with both short row heels and heel flaps, the verdict is still out on which fits better, but I think I'm leaning towards the heel flaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home