Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Happy Husband

Here it is! I'm pleased with the way it turned out, and so is my husband. This is the first thing that I've knit for him and it's long overdue since I've been knitting for a couple years. He's rough on clothes and watches how much time I spend knitting and when I offer to make him something he usually says he'd rather I didn't knit him things because he'd feel horrible when he ruined it. I know the colors are a little halloweenish, but he's a teacher and those are his school's colors.

Ufserud
Pattern: Bea Ellis Knitwear
Yarn: From the kit, Dalegrarn Heilo colors 0090 and 3418, and Mandarin Classic
Needles: Size 4 DPS, Lantern Mood- they are so wonderful to knit with
Alterations: I knit it all on size 4 needles on DPS, I tried starting it off on circulars but I have a hard time knitting with such short needles. The DPS worked fine. I just had to be careful when I set it down that the stitches didn't slip off the needles since the work stretched almost from point to point. I also took out one repeat since the hat looked like it was just going to drown him with all of the repeats in it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mea said...

Cool Hat! His school kids will love it. It looks pretty challenging too. I hope it was fun to knit.

9:49 PM  
Blogger strzstrz said...

I love my hat! I got at least 20 compliments on it the first time I wore it to my HS's homecoming game. I could have sold 20 of them.

I have a great wifey!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home