Saturday, August 12, 2006

Just Squeaked By…


I saw Fetching when Knitty came out this summer and they looked so cute and practical. They keep my office so cold in winter that my fingers freeze and don’t work well when I’m typing and these seem to be perfect for that sort of thing. These are a gift and I hope they are well loved. I used the yarn called for in the pattern, Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. I got the gauge with the size 6 needles, but I strongly suspect that I knit a little looser in the round than flat since I ran short on yarn (the pattern said that I’d have one yard left over). I couldn’t see buying a new skein, so I tore back one row from the top of both to have enough to finish the second thumb. There is nothing left, well, nothing except this

the tail from my cast on. I think they turned out great. They are super soft and cozy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home