Sunday, January 21, 2007

Squishy Dolly and Catching Up












I'’ve been pondering what to make my niece for her first birthday. I was in the bookstore the other day looking for a new knitting book, when I came across a book that had a lot of cute baby items in it. Unfortunately, I don'’t remember the name of the book, but I made a quick sketch of this little doll, improvised, and sewed it up this morning. I think she turned out pretty cute. She'’s about 6 inches tall.

I've been horrible about blogging lately. It started off with not posting about the Christmas gifts I was making because I didn't want the recipients to see them before they received them, and then it turned into a bit (or lets be honest, a huge) slump. So, I've got a bunch of finished objects and a wonderful swap I received to post on that I'm going to try real hard at getting up this week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks so cute! What did you fill the doll with?

3:48 PM  
Blogger FlippyTWS said...

Oops, I guess I didn't add that. Her body is made of flannel and I used a knit material for her face. I stuffed her face pretty solidly and then her body lightly with poly-fil.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home