Saturday, October 28, 2006

Hot Socks Swap

My Hot Socks Swap arrived! Alice sent the most wonderful package and card. Thank you so much Alice! I LOVE the purple sock yarn. It is so pretty. I can't wait to find the perfect pattern for them. I also loved all the goodies that came with it in a cute tote. The candle smells so good, the lotion is great (I had to try it right away) and the hot chocolate is delicious (I had to try that too).




The yarn was hand dyed by Jeni. Purple is my favorite color and it is just beautiful. I can't wait to start on them, but I might need to wait until after Christmas because there are a quite a few projects I'm hoping to have finished before then.



The Central Park Hoodie is coming along. I took a break from it this week to work on some other things, but it's getting closer. I'm close to finished with the main body part. I have to rework the top of both front sides. I thought I made a mistake on one size and tore it back, only to realize the mistake was on the other side. Anyway I just took a break from it to move on to a sleeve because it was driving me a bit crazy. The sleeve is coming along and there isn't much more to go on this one.




My cat isn't the most playful. She rarely plays with my yarn, but as soon as I started trying to take photos of my sweater today she dove in and couldn't leave my pieces alone.



I just finished up the market bag. I had received this one in a swap a few months ago and got so many complements I thought I'd make up one myself. The strap looks short, but it'll really stretch as soon as I put things in it.



Pattern: Magnits, Saturday Market Bag
Yarn: Cascade, Sierra Quatro, Color # 91
Needles: Size 15 and 10, Boye Needle Master Interchangeable
Alterations: None
Thoughts: I really do like these bags, and I might even make more, but it's not the most enjoyable knitting for me. The big needles are awkward and it's just hard to handle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home