Saturday, October 07, 2006

Central Park Hoodie

About a week ago, I saw a photo of this sweater. I fell in love with it and was off to get the pattern the next day. It took me a week to figure out what yarn I wanted to knit it out of. I looked at this, this, this, and this, before deciding on Philosopher's Wool. I wasn't sure if I wanted a green or a purple, but after seeing this, I knew it had to be purple.


I'm going to knit the sides and the back as one piece like many other people on the Central Park Hoodie KAL. I also decided that I wanted to do a tubular cast on. I wanted to do a 2x2 rib but I couldn't find any tutorials, so I did a little experimenting until I figured it out. I'd like to say it was simple enough from there on out, but I had the 4 inches of ribbing done before I realized that I had cast on for the smallest size instead of the medium size. Then after frogging all of that, I started again, this time with 4 stitches too many because I'd forgotten to take them out for making it in one piece. Maybe third time is a charm, because it seems like I'm finally on the right track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home