Sunday, February 11, 2007

Big and Little

One of each... a 3-6 mo size and a 12-18 mo size.

Raglan Cardigan with Fully Fashioned Shaping


Pattern: Baby Knits for Beginners, Debbie Bliss
Size: 3-6 mo.
Needle: Size 6
Yarn: Well, after looking forever the ball band seems to be gone. It was 100% cotton and looks very similar to the Rowan All Seasons yarn, however it was less than half the price.
Notes: This was mostly knit in a 12 hour marathon in one day. It doesn't have buttons yet because it will depend on if it's a boy or a girl. If it's a girl I'm thinking flower buttons and if its a boy, well, do they have robot buttons? When I get a chance, I still need to block it.


Shall-Collared Jacket


Pattern: Baby Knits for Beginners by Debbie Bliss
Size: 12-18 mo.
Yarn: 5 2oz balls for Debbie Bliss merino aran in forest green
Needle: Size 8 Addi Turbos
Notes: This is the first boy knitted item that I fell in love with. I just though it looked so cute on the little model in the book. I'm glad that I made the 12-18 mo. size because I finished this with hardly any yarn left and the pattern called for 5 balls for the 18-24 mo. size too. This knit up pretty quick. I really liked the short row shaping on the collar. It needs buttons and a little blocking, so that is up next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home