Saturday, January 27, 2007

Baby Tunic

This is another Christmas gift that I made for my niece. I had no plans on really knitting it, but I came across a sample of it knitted up at my LYS and I fell in love with the simplicity of it. I'm usually don't like acrylic yarn, but the colors looked fun for my niece's darker completion and I figured there would be less chance of it being ruined during it being washed. I knit it in a whirlwind and had it all completed but the hood in the matter of a day and a half. Then it sat around for a few weeks before I finished it up prior to Christmas.

Pattern- Knitting Pure & Simple- Baby Tunic

Needles- Addi size 7 and 6

Yarn- Plymouth Encore Colorspun-Jewel -This is the true color of it- the other photos are really dark.

Notes: Although the 12 month size called for 425 yards, I used less than 400 yards (2 skeins). I also did not put the drawstring in the hood for safety reasons. I wasn't sure how I should do it since I didn't plan on putting in the drawstring, but I'm glad I knit it up as the pattern directed for the drawstring casing because it gave some structure the the edge of the hood.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

This is so cute. I wish I had little ones to knit for.They go so fast. I am making the Squirrel and Oak mittens as a trial for stranded mittens. Tangled yarns are driving me crazy!

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home