Saturday, September 08, 2007

Tulips a Colorful Cardiagan for Baby


Pattern: Tulips a Colorful Cardigan for Baby by Lindsay Pekny
Yarn: Dream in Color-VM 110, VM 120, VM 130, VM 140, VM 150 VM 160, VM 170, and VM 180
Needles: Addi 7 and 5 and DPN 7 Crystal Place and 5 Boyd
Notes:I purchased the kit at my LYS after seeing one there knit up and falling in love with the color variations. Just due to the cost, would have never bought all the colors individually, but in a kit it was much more affordable. I knit up a swatch to gauge with size 7s but I did not wash and block it. Maybe this was a mistake considering it seems to have grown a great deal when I washed an blocked the finished sweater. I liked the pattern a lot and it was a breeze to knit up. The construction was very similar to the baby tunic that I previously knit for my niece.
New Skill: I learned how to apply and I-cord with this sweater and although it took me a bit because it seemed a little fiddly at first, I'm now in love with this finished look and will definitely use it again. I especially like that when you roll up the sleeves it looks finished on the underside as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Your tulip cardigan is just beautiful. You knit such lovely items for your daughter. Those booties are all just adorable too.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home