Saturday, August 11, 2007

grocery tote and a wip

I was browsing the web the one day and found this tutorial and decided that I just HAD to make this bag. I have to admit the fact that there was a perfect little bag that this bag could fit into that even attached to the handle so I don't loose it made it the perfect bag. I instantly thought of a small scrap of material that I just love that was left from another project. I used that for the main part of the bag, the blue striped for the gusset, and a chocolate brown for the inside.


I really like the size of the bag and the fact that it easily fits on my shoulder. The padded handles are nice, but I doubt that I’ll ever carry anything in it heavy enough that they are needed. In fact if I made another of these, I’d only use one layer instead of two for the handle, mainly so it would fold a little more compactly. I love the little carrying bag that it fits in, but I had the hardest time figuring out the directions. Of course, I thought about it forever and tried to visualize it, but it wasn’t until I finished it-slightly wrong I might add-that it was all clear.

When I found this tutorial I thought that I could sew it up in a couple of hours, but it took about twice that, of course the second time around it would go a lot smoother and would be a lot quicker of a project. I'm sure that I'll be making more of these in the future.

The Ripples in Time from Inspired Cable Knits is currently on my needles. It’s a little slow going since it is in such fine yarn. I like the way it is knitting up, but some how I got a little off track and the sleeves seem to be two different lengths. Now I need to decide which one is right and rip the other one back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home